Family Research Council
Has been inudating my stbxh and the media over Walmart's new affiliation with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. He fields several calls a day from "concerned citizens" hateful and angrily promising to never shop at his store again until Walmart breaks the relationship with NGLCC. One woman told my stbxh yesterday,
"Sam Walton must be turning in his grave. That if he were alive now he would be spitting mad to think that his Walmart was moving so far away from tradition morals."
My husband actually had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Mr. Walton several time in his life. He commented about this to this lady,
"I happened to know Same Walton. If you are interested I can tell you exactly what he would have thought about this affiliation if you would like."
Mean lady remained silent for a minute and then said,
"He was all about values and morality, everybody knows that!"
My stbxh says, "No maam, he was all about business. If the move is good for business then it would be the right move to make for Sam."
She got more hateful and threatened to call the home office. He happily gave her the number so she wouldn't have to look it up.
He came home yesterday exhausted from these conversations. He looked at me and said, "I know why you were brought into my world. You taught me about the struggles of a single mother having to work full time and maintain proper care of her children at the same time. You brought children into my life, something that without you might have never happened. And now you have put a real live face on an issue which will be one I will be fighting with the community here for a long time. It helps bring more passion to my words and with new understanding I am gaining from you and your struggles I feel I can be a better advocate.
Batten down the hatches....here come the FRC spreading hate, discrimination and fear just in time for the vote in Nov on HJR2.
"Sam Walton must be turning in his grave. That if he were alive now he would be spitting mad to think that his Walmart was moving so far away from tradition morals."
My husband actually had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Mr. Walton several time in his life. He commented about this to this lady,
"I happened to know Same Walton. If you are interested I can tell you exactly what he would have thought about this affiliation if you would like."
Mean lady remained silent for a minute and then said,
"He was all about values and morality, everybody knows that!"
My stbxh says, "No maam, he was all about business. If the move is good for business then it would be the right move to make for Sam."
She got more hateful and threatened to call the home office. He happily gave her the number so she wouldn't have to look it up.
He came home yesterday exhausted from these conversations. He looked at me and said, "I know why you were brought into my world. You taught me about the struggles of a single mother having to work full time and maintain proper care of her children at the same time. You brought children into my life, something that without you might have never happened. And now you have put a real live face on an issue which will be one I will be fighting with the community here for a long time. It helps bring more passion to my words and with new understanding I am gaining from you and your struggles I feel I can be a better advocate.
Batten down the hatches....here come the FRC spreading hate, discrimination and fear just in time for the vote in Nov on HJR2.


<< Home