A Night Out
My stbxh is a musician. He plays acoustic guitar. He has what I describe as a chocolate milk voice. Smooth, soft and sweet. He went to open mike night last night and I went with him. I was so proud of him and he did wonderfully.
The person who hosts open mike night at Pengilly's is Rebecca Scott. Now I have mentioned before that I am in love with everything about RS. She is talented, beautiful and plays the heck out of a guitar. I actually got to meet her last night. I wasn't sure whether to pass out or just pick her up over my shoulder and run away with her. I managed to do neither, which I suppose is good for everyone involved.
My stbxh dedicated a song to me that is actually one of her songs. A song about digging a new path in ones life. While packing his things up he thanked her for letting him do it and told her that his wife had just come out as "a gay woman" (cute, he still can't say lesbian) and he wanted to acknowledge that publically for us both and felt that song was the perfect way to do so. Just then the waitress came over and tapped me on the shoulder. She said "Someone wants to buy your husband a beer." I said, "Is it a woman?" She smiled and said yes. I did this animated happy dance and told her yes and while she was at it get her phone number. Made the stbxh blush.
We sat and I finished my glass of wine. Then I suddenly looked at my stbxh and said, "Would you like me to leave in case this mystery drink woman shows herself?" He laughed and said, "Actually, yes please." So I did. LOL!
We are doing pretty good in our new roles with each other I think.
The person who hosts open mike night at Pengilly's is Rebecca Scott. Now I have mentioned before that I am in love with everything about RS. She is talented, beautiful and plays the heck out of a guitar. I actually got to meet her last night. I wasn't sure whether to pass out or just pick her up over my shoulder and run away with her. I managed to do neither, which I suppose is good for everyone involved.
My stbxh dedicated a song to me that is actually one of her songs. A song about digging a new path in ones life. While packing his things up he thanked her for letting him do it and told her that his wife had just come out as "a gay woman" (cute, he still can't say lesbian) and he wanted to acknowledge that publically for us both and felt that song was the perfect way to do so. Just then the waitress came over and tapped me on the shoulder. She said "Someone wants to buy your husband a beer." I said, "Is it a woman?" She smiled and said yes. I did this animated happy dance and told her yes and while she was at it get her phone number. Made the stbxh blush.
We sat and I finished my glass of wine. Then I suddenly looked at my stbxh and said, "Would you like me to leave in case this mystery drink woman shows herself?" He laughed and said, "Actually, yes please." So I did. LOL!
We are doing pretty good in our new roles with each other I think.


<< Home