Amen
I found and went to my first "open and affirming" church service today. I went under the guise of wanting to hear a dear friend play her flute. Which of course I really did BUT (there always seems to be a big butt in there somewhere) my spiritual self has taken a rather big beating since coming out. Not all of it external. I seem to be my own worst enemy at times. Wonder why? I need to learn to be kinder to myself.
The music was wonderful (read: geez the woman can sure play a flute). After the service my friend "b" pulled me aside and asked me if I could tell who were lesbians in the crowd and I told her no. She laughed at me and told me we would work on that part. Heh. The woman professes not to be funny.
I went to church. I felt welcomed. I might go back.
Amen.
The music was wonderful (read: geez the woman can sure play a flute). After the service my friend "b" pulled me aside and asked me if I could tell who were lesbians in the crowd and I told her no. She laughed at me and told me we would work on that part. Heh. The woman professes not to be funny.
I went to church. I felt welcomed. I might go back.
Amen.


<< Home