Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got Nobody....
Well that's not true! I have Annie. She and I spend countless nights downtown. We write stand up routines for her, countless outlines for the book we will eventually write together, laugh our asses off at just funny life can be in the midst of hard times and we medicate ourselves with beer and wine at various downtown establishments. She is good to me. She humors me. She has learned to accept that if Rebecca Scott is playing anywhere when we go out then that is where we will be going.
What can I say about Rebecca Scott? She is the epitome of grace, beauty and talent. Sometimes when I watch her play I can see joy manifest itself inside her and grow so big that it bubbles up and out and flows over everyone within ear shot of her music. Its intoxicating. And lets face it she can play the heck out of a guitar. Her music hits some deep inner cord with me. It has comforted me during times of my life that have been sad and lonely and it has been a companion to my good times as well. She inspires me to write, she inspires me to dance. And dance I do, regardless of who is watching. I lose myself and if only for a moment I am just a girl who is dancing and all the rest of my story is set aside. Thank you Ms. Scott for the safe harbor.
What can I say about Rebecca Scott? She is the epitome of grace, beauty and talent. Sometimes when I watch her play I can see joy manifest itself inside her and grow so big that it bubbles up and out and flows over everyone within ear shot of her music. Its intoxicating. And lets face it she can play the heck out of a guitar. Her music hits some deep inner cord with me. It has comforted me during times of my life that have been sad and lonely and it has been a companion to my good times as well. She inspires me to write, she inspires me to dance. And dance I do, regardless of who is watching. I lose myself and if only for a moment I am just a girl who is dancing and all the rest of my story is set aside. Thank you Ms. Scott for the safe harbor.


<< Home