Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One Step Foward....One Step Back?

All 4 kids are now aware we are divorcing. All except my 14 year old daughter are seemingly taking it in stride. I say seemingly because I am aware that with kids things aren't always as they appear. My 14yo though has made several very tearful phone calls to me. Last night she told me her step mom's cancer didn't respond to the treatments and she will be back on chemo soon. I sent her there with the understanding that things were going very very well with SM's recovery. But what do I expect really. I spoke with my ex just hours before I spoke to my daughter and when asked he said "Everyone is great!". Yeah, great.

I know I had to remove my daughter from her social circle here and I did what I thought was the right/best thing I could. But I now worry that what is coming for her there is going to be frightening for her in ways I never expected. She loves her step mom, I love her step mom, she is a kind and loving woman who has always treated my kids as her own. I pray I haven't put a heavy burden in her lap that will make things harder for her. I continue to pray that I did the right thing for my daughter.

create & buy custom products at Zazzle