Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Morning Whine Review

I want my mommy!

I am running a low grade fever. My throat feels as if I have been swallowing razor blades. My chest is heavy and I have a cough that is a new experience in pain each time I do it. I am headed to a walk in clinic in an hour. Then home to hide under my electric blanket.

If you can spare any "poor baby!" comments I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise, tell me to suck it up and stop acting so pitiful. Both will be appreciated.

nina

edited to update: nothing like a little tachycardia to get the blood pumpin.....(yeah yeah silly pun) the dr first wanted to give me a breathing treatment to see if perhaps it was some sort of asthma attack. I told him I don't have asthma but he said that sometimes the cold weather can bring one on. So.... about 5 minutes into this breathing treatment I start shaking uncontrollably, sweating and my heart zooms as if Jody Foster herself had propositioned me right there in the examination room. I quickly looked around to see if JF really was there but found myself instead on my back with a dr and a nurse keeping me from falling off the table to the floor. It wore off pretty quickly and the dr was very apologetic. He says some people very rarely, have a reaction just like me. I layed there with tears pouring out of my eyes trying all my best one liners to lighten the atmostsphere. Once I felt better the dr grabbed his script pad and said, "We will just do this the old fashioned way." He wrote me out a prescription for Zithromax and cough med w codeine in it. As he left he said, "You might want to jot down a note about this little experience on all of your med histories from now on." Jesus doc ya think?

create & buy custom products at Zazzle