Monday, October 23, 2006

Alone

We all end up there eventually don't we? Alone with our thoughts. Alone with our imperfections. Alone in our beds. A single reflection in the mirror revealing nothing visible if we are lucky. But more likely our faces will remind us of every mistake that resulted in a loss of something or someone whom we cherished. Then we turn our back to the mirror and get on with the business of aloneness I suppose because we have no other alternative.

To be honest, I have never *really* believed in "happily ever afters" but it doesn't stop me from yearning for one and mourning its possible impossibility. I never expected to fall in love in my middle 40's. Certainly could have never believed that it would be so powerful that I would turn my back on my secure suburban housewife trappings to swim in its warm, seductive waters. But here I am seemingly treading water, miles from shore. I would never think to swim back. I belong here. Even if that means I will always be alone.

create & buy custom products at Zazzle