serendipity...
Well, it seems I am now a comedy writer... whoda thunk?
A few hours ago my prime rib called me and said hysterically, "heres my material...make it funny!" she went on in less than an hour. Hummmm, I grabbed a glass of wine and settled into my funny seat. The email came in with her political jokes....ack....not up on political jokes! I rewrote the punchline for one and told her that I predicted her steve irwin joke wouldn't make anyone laugh so I wrote a seque into another "my friend the lesbian predicted it would flop" joke and she ran with it....
First off, they LOVED my punch line on the first joke and as predicted they hated the Steve Irwin joke.... so she followed with the joke I had written for her to use once that failed. Everyone laughed! I shall do the gay dance of joy! She introduced me as her lesbian friend and several comedians afterward used me as the brunt of their jokes. I was as thrilled for the exposure as they were pleased to have someone to tease mercilessly.
Who knew...
"My lesbian was complaining about how difficult it is to meet women. She said she had recently checked her online dating status and when she checked to see who she had flirted with it said, "You have now flirted with every Butch on the site, give up!!! buy a cat!"
Annie had a few of her own jokes that were on the money. Together we rocked the house. I won't quit my day job...wait, I dont have a day job... but if I did I wouldnt....but damn people, I wrote funny! Tonight I was a comedy writer.
Next thing I need is an ottoman to trip over after a long day at the office....
I sleep tonight with dreams of Ellen Degeneres...and a little girl from Idaho. Anythng is possible. Well not anything, I will probably still have to get up at 4am and drive my son half way to Utah to meet with his dad for the holidays... doubt thats gonna change...
I am beyond happy tonight...
nina
A few hours ago my prime rib called me and said hysterically, "heres my material...make it funny!" she went on in less than an hour. Hummmm, I grabbed a glass of wine and settled into my funny seat. The email came in with her political jokes....ack....not up on political jokes! I rewrote the punchline for one and told her that I predicted her steve irwin joke wouldn't make anyone laugh so I wrote a seque into another "my friend the lesbian predicted it would flop" joke and she ran with it....
First off, they LOVED my punch line on the first joke and as predicted they hated the Steve Irwin joke.... so she followed with the joke I had written for her to use once that failed. Everyone laughed! I shall do the gay dance of joy! She introduced me as her lesbian friend and several comedians afterward used me as the brunt of their jokes. I was as thrilled for the exposure as they were pleased to have someone to tease mercilessly.
Who knew...
"My lesbian was complaining about how difficult it is to meet women. She said she had recently checked her online dating status and when she checked to see who she had flirted with it said, "You have now flirted with every Butch on the site, give up!!! buy a cat!"
Annie had a few of her own jokes that were on the money. Together we rocked the house. I won't quit my day job...wait, I dont have a day job... but if I did I wouldnt....but damn people, I wrote funny! Tonight I was a comedy writer.
Next thing I need is an ottoman to trip over after a long day at the office....
I sleep tonight with dreams of Ellen Degeneres...and a little girl from Idaho. Anythng is possible. Well not anything, I will probably still have to get up at 4am and drive my son half way to Utah to meet with his dad for the holidays... doubt thats gonna change...
I am beyond happy tonight...
nina


<< Home