Friday, December 22, 2006

6000 Photos (give or take a few)

gone...

Did I mention that? It happened the week I had to move out of my husband's home. The dreaded blue screen. He took it to the Geek Squad but they didn't recover anything.

No... I didn't do any back ups this year... its been a rather... well its been a year.

I haven't actually cried over it because I am afraid I won't stop once I start. I feel that way about a lot of things right now. And then theres that whole "oddly symbolic" nature of a year wiped clean of visual memory. Like a band aid... 1,2,3 rip! So many of my photos lacked "heart" this year. I would look at them and think "I know what I was thinking then and I know how scared I was feeling there..." So perhaps it is best this way.

My thanks goes out to a certain magazine owner though. Several months ago she expressed interest in my work so I went through some of my favorites and put them on photobucket. Interesting too was the photos she decided to use. My entire set of cemetery photos were taken the week I decided to take a separate vacation from my husband. The set is titled Rest in Peace. Again, "oddly symbolic". Those are the only ones that survived. The rest are gone.

So my thoughts about this year's photos as well as my life are simple. If it really matters, back the fuck up! And if it really doesn't, rest in peace.

create & buy custom products at Zazzle