Friday, November 10, 2006

The Face of a Faggot + 3 and a Ramble

I had just mentioned to a friend the other night that since Idaho voted YES, Idahoans, some, well 65% of them, were feeling quite full of themselves and a bit clannish. Actually, I found myself defending a solid 20% of the "YES" crowd as uninformed and not really homophobic rather just accidentally short sighted and unable to mentally bring to fruition the "consequences to the family" resulting from a constitutional amendment defining marriage.. I probably still will.

1~ The fact is I was called a faggot. Not once but twice. Once a few months back before the election and once yesterday. Both in the grocery store and both from behind. *chicken shits whoever you were* I carry a political pin on my backpack which is pro NO. I suppose I put myself out there. Not far, but far enough.

2~ Today I was hit on my blog by those hoping to "save me from myself". Thank the baby Jesus for comment moderation.

3~ Tonight I turned on the news only to hear as the top story a young man was beaten and hospitalized on the Green Belt today. Whispers of "hate crime" are floating about the media here although law enforcement isn't ready to go on record as such. I don't know specifics so I won't judge, yet.

I was sitting at an intersection letting all of this sink in as I stared into the middle of the road at an Idaho Votes NO yard sign. I had tried to get one myself but never did. I had to stop myself from getting out of my vehicle and running to save it. It had blown itself off someone's lawn. (at least that is one theory but honestly I was thinking it a conspiracy by then) It was in the middle of the intersection. Cars ran back and forth over it. I had to run over it on my way down the street. It felt symbolic.

So look close, this is me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The face of a faggot. (hey if eb can say "fuck" all over blog land today I can say the other "f" word) Look close. Next time you see me at the grocery store or think of me as such, just find a bloody backbone and say it to my face.

create & buy custom products at Zazzle