Thursday, June 14, 2007

Crimson and Clover

I don't like this time of night when I lose the light from the sky. Deep reds are drowned out by this horrible gray and for a moment sometimes I get dis-oriented. I did tonight. For a moment I didn't remember where I was or who I was. I'm in my room where I grew up. Young girl. No, no... I am married. No, no... I am divorced... and a lesbian. Keep up girl! I swear my head is spinning.

Web MD tells me that I could have a dis-ease. Actually, I could have one of 61 dis-eases, given my actual physical symptoms. It could be Fibromyalgia, the dis-ease that most people don't really believe in. Or it could be ALS, the dis-ease that all people don't want to believe in. Neither dis-ease has a definitive test. That leaves me ill at ease. Which if you think about it is almost exactly the same as dis-ease. Now I am rambling...

Lori Hahn this is the part that you will like. Its about bad neighbors. Well actually I guess "I" am the bad neighbor. That is if I am measured by my sub-urban neighborhood watch people. The home owners association, sorry TOD. My first violation letter came via my exhusband's house telling me I had "15 days from receipt of this letter to take down my Christmas lights". Huh? My patio lights. They made me take down my patio lights. I wrote a letter telling them I had taken down the lights per their request but that the Christmas lights were actually patio lights and that I had just put them up in April. I also requested nicely to have all further communications be sent to my actual house being that I am the one who will be reacting to correspondence and living in the community. I heard nothing back. I didn't really expect to. But then the second violation letter came. Again via my exhusband's address. I guess they don't read their mail. This time I seem to be in violation of some clover bylaw. I have been informed that I have too much clover in my grass. Now I don't know how long I have to eliminate the clover in my grass. I didn't see the actual letter. I think my exhusband was afraid of my reaction. I was, shall we say, not at all happy with being forced to remove my patio lights. He told me the letter said it "had been noticed and reported". I wonder to myself if this reporter person has seen the clover in the private park I pay for with my yearly dues? I think someone has it out for me. I do after all, kiss girls. Perhaps I am paranoid. Or maybe I just don't belong here. Remember it was just a few minutes ago after a beautiful crimson sunset, I couldn't remember who/where I was. I like having a patio in my front yard. I like to kiss girls. I like clover. I spent summer after summer on my childhood lawn diving into the clover patches looking for that one 4 leafed one.

Given the times I could use one right about now.

Labels: ,


create & buy custom products at Zazzle