Brushes With Greatness
Most of us have had them. Someone who is "someone" crosses our path. Sometimes we just smile and then once they are gone we run to the first friend we can find and the conversation goes something like this, "Oh my God, Oh my God do you KNOW who I just SAW????"
I have had several. There was the time that I was standing in a yogurt shop after 5k and a kind man struck up a conversation with me about the fact that I was wear my number still on my back. I answered him and then looked at him really hard. I then said, "I know you don't I"? He laughed and said yes. He introduced himself, "I am your govenor, and this is my wife." I blushed. He told me not to worry about it. And then he saw I had my camera and said, "Hey I know lets take a picture of us all in our 5k shirts!" And we did. I have the photo somewhere but its at my exhusband's house. I would love share it.
There was the time when I was working in the Provo Library. A woman brought up a book to check out. I didn't really look up as I was dealing with her until I scanned her book and handed it to her. It was Marie Osmond. I just smiled and told her to enjoy the book. I don't remember the name of her book but I do remember that at least that night she was a little bit non fiction.
My most recent brush with greatness though seems to trump everything else. Maybe because I admire her and her work. And her work is my work. It was by email from my contact page on my photography site.....
name = Jill Posener
email = jillpics@aol.com
comments =
Hi Nina
Came upon your blog. And then on your homage to Tee. Very beautiful, and very true for so many women who didn't know what they were looking for until they saw Tee's photographs.
Jill
So, wow! One of my most favorite photographers found me. And said hello. I am humbled. And really stoked. I hope she comes back and likes what she sees... Jill Posener.... holy hockey sticks!
love,
nina
I have had several. There was the time that I was standing in a yogurt shop after 5k and a kind man struck up a conversation with me about the fact that I was wear my number still on my back. I answered him and then looked at him really hard. I then said, "I know you don't I"? He laughed and said yes. He introduced himself, "I am your govenor, and this is my wife." I blushed. He told me not to worry about it. And then he saw I had my camera and said, "Hey I know lets take a picture of us all in our 5k shirts!" And we did. I have the photo somewhere but its at my exhusband's house. I would love share it.
There was the time when I was working in the Provo Library. A woman brought up a book to check out. I didn't really look up as I was dealing with her until I scanned her book and handed it to her. It was Marie Osmond. I just smiled and told her to enjoy the book. I don't remember the name of her book but I do remember that at least that night she was a little bit non fiction.
My most recent brush with greatness though seems to trump everything else. Maybe because I admire her and her work. And her work is my work. It was by email from my contact page on my photography site.....
name = Jill Posener
email = jillpics@aol.com
comments =
Hi Nina
Came upon your blog. And then on your homage to Tee. Very beautiful, and very true for so many women who didn't know what they were looking for until they saw Tee's photographs.
Jill
So, wow! One of my most favorite photographers found me. And said hello. I am humbled. And really stoked. I hope she comes back and likes what she sees... Jill Posener.... holy hockey sticks!
love,
nina
Labels: photography


<< Home