Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rest In Peace

Lisa succumbed to a long battle she began fighting in November of 2005, today around noon she passed away. She was surrounded by all her children and family members. She struggled for almost 10 years with lung cancer. She rejoiced in many remissions, was able to go on many enjoyable vacations with her family and more importantly, she always had enough energy to love those around her.

My daughter who told me that she didn't believe in God not long ago said she prayed. She asked me if I thought he would hear her because she didn't believe in him. I told her that he listens to all of us regardless of our opinion of Him, he knows our hearts and our intentions. I also assured her that Lisa herself will also hear her words and will be lifted to heaven in a swirl of love and forgiveness.

I must believe the same with my letter written to her here in cyberland. That God may call attention to it so that she doesn't miss it. Lisa, I love you for caring for my daughter. For caring for both my children during summer vacations and long weekends, and every other time we were able to bring your family together. They are strong in knowing that you were always there from them. They are strong in knowing that you loved their father with all your heart. They are strong in watching you deal with your illness with grace, hope and bravery. I thank you once again for being in their lives.

If you have anything to say to anyone in your life, please say it to them today...

Labels:


create & buy custom products at Zazzle