Because He is My President
Ya'll know that I didn't vote for him. I found it an ironic twist of fate that I dreamed, as a child, to see an African American or a woman become our President only to see it come to fruition having those possibilities both be Democrats. hahahahahaha
It matters not. I watched with pride and tears today as my President stood speaking to an unprecedented crowd on the Mall. Faces filled with hope. Faces filled with faith. I prefer to embrace and trust him as those people do. With innocence and the willingness to believe that President Obama just may have new ways to fix old problems (i've been wrong before). I will wait with open mindedness and with the hope he has stated for so long that lurks inside us all because of who we are, a patchwork quilt of doers, innovators, scholars and the raisers of children, Americans.
May his journey be a safe and successful one.
Labels: 44, american, historical, hope, President of the United States, voting


<< Home