Its the Eve of the Eve of the Day We Begin
She read me for over a year before she said "hello". We've known each other for over a year after that. She listened when I was working through the biggest decision of my life. She was there during the time I had to live through the repercussions of that decision. January she sent me flowers. February she came to visit. March during another visit she gave me a ring and a promise.
She kept her promise.
She is turning her life virtually upside down. Leaving a home, family, and friends which she has built over an entire lifetime. She loves me that much. I am more than humbled.
I love her more than there are stars in the sky. She is my best friend. She is my lover. She is my compass. Regardless of whether or not we will ever be legally married, she is my wife.
The world won't end I promise. Your marriages will not disintegrate. Your children will not marry animals. Your school teachers will not recruit the youth. While you are wasting your time and energy worrying about monsters under your bed, we will be eating dinner as a family around the table. Going to the zoo. Doing homework. Reading bedtime stories. Attending parent-teacher conferences and teaching our children the value and morality in loving thy neighbor regardless of whether or not they married the opposite sex.
Soften your hearts and live happily ever after. We will.
~ina~
She kept her promise.
She is turning her life virtually upside down. Leaving a home, family, and friends which she has built over an entire lifetime. She loves me that much. I am more than humbled.
I love her more than there are stars in the sky. She is my best friend. She is my lover. She is my compass. Regardless of whether or not we will ever be legally married, she is my wife.
The world won't end I promise. Your marriages will not disintegrate. Your children will not marry animals. Your school teachers will not recruit the youth. While you are wasting your time and energy worrying about monsters under your bed, we will be eating dinner as a family around the table. Going to the zoo. Doing homework. Reading bedtime stories. Attending parent-teacher conferences and teaching our children the value and morality in loving thy neighbor regardless of whether or not they married the opposite sex.
Soften your hearts and live happily ever after. We will.
~ina~
Labels: defeat proposition 8, Gay Marriage, my sweet gina


<< Home