Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Sound of My Shoes

I noticed just recently the sound my high heels make as they hit the ground while I am walking. Its not a click, but its not a clomp like a Clydesdale. It reverberates in my ears on a quiet morning, as I find myself breaking away from a group of friends to go off to whatever it is I need to do. The single sound of a woman walking with purpose. With direction. A woman of worth. Graceful, beautiful, strong, spiritual...

Part of me wonders playfully, if I am just a little girl walking in dress ups, pretending to be a grown up. Pretending to be confident. I glance down to reassure myself, do they really fit? I smile, calmly taking in a deep breath because I can clearly see that they do.

Labels: , ,


create & buy custom products at Zazzle