Monday, February 04, 2008

This is your conscience speaking...

Since changing my phone number I have received many wrong numbers. Sometimes I get texts from people. One night I got an invite from someone called Megan who was having a birthday party and was making sure I was coming. I felt bad that Megan had sent it to me instead of her intended friend somewhere in Delaware so I wrote her back and wished her a Happy Birthday and told her to try her friend's number again.

This morning I received one that really hit home with me because of my 15 year old's descent into drug use. It was a picture message of a teenage boy and the message was laughing at how hung over he was. It bothered me for a long while. I wanted to pick him up and shake him hard enough so as to knock some sense in my own daughter. In the end, I decided to go with this instead.

"This is your conscience speaking...

Don't do drugs and start taking care of yourself. I'll be watching."


Labels:


create & buy custom products at Zazzle